Scallion Ginger Steamed FishCourse: Uncategorized
1 lb. Alaskan halibut/Chilean sea bass steak or fillet
tt kosher salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, julienned
2 tablespoons soy sauce (Yamasa brand preferred)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons scallion, julienned and separate between the white parts and green parts
- Season the fish to taste with the kosher salt.
- Steam the fish for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make the sauce for the fish by sautéing the ginger in the vegetable oil over medium high heat until fragrant.
- Lower the heat and add the soy sauce, sugar, and cayenne powder.
- Turn off the heat and add the scallions (white parts).
- Drain some of the liquid from the steamed fish.
- Pour the ginger scallion soy sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with the green parts of the julienned scallions.