Shanghai Rice CakesCourse: Poultry and Meat, RECIPES
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 pound chicken breast or pork loin, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
6 baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
6 ounces snow peas
1 carrot, julienned and cut into 2-inch segments
16 ounces rice cakes, blanched for about three minutes
2 scallions, cut into 2-inch segments
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Have a pot of water boiling gently to blanch the rice cakes.
- In a large pan, over high heat, add the canola oil. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic and sear the meat on both sides until it is cooked.
- Add the rice cakes to the pot of boiling water to blanch it for about three minutes while you add the mushrooms, snow peas and carrots to the pan with the seared meat. Stir fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the rice cakes and add the blanched rice cakes to the pan with the vegetables and meat.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and sauté for a minute until everything in the pan is well coated.
- Add the scallions and sauté for another minute. Serve immediately.