Linguini with Red Clam SauceCourse: Noodles, RECIPES
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
15 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup bottled clam juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
10 ounces wild caught boiled baby clam meat, 16 ounces minced clams with liquid or 1 pound littleneck clams (scrubbed)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 pound linguine, cooked al dente
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add crushed red pepper and cook for about thirty seconds.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, clam juice, kosher salt, sugar, parsley, basil, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring sauce to boil and add clams. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until clams start to open up if using fresh clams.
- Add lemon juice to the tomato sauce. Add linguine to the tomato sauce and toss to coat.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.