This is a simple soup that will go fabulously with a multi-course Chinese family style meal!
Chinese Chicken and Sweet White Corn Egg Drop Soup
Source: Lo Huynh (4 servings)
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup cooked chicken, diced into 1/2″ cubes
1 cup sweet white corn
1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
tt kosher salt
tt white pepper
2 tablespoon corn starch, mixed with 3 tablespoons cold water
1 each egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 stalks scallions, thinly sliced
1. In a pot, add the chicken broth, diced chicken, sweet white corn, Chinese cooking wine and bring to a boil.
2. Add the corn starch mixed with water and stir until the broth thickens.
3. Season the soup with kosher salt if necessary.
4. Using a fork, stir in the beaten egg to the soup. Keep stirring until the egg is cooked through and become little strands in the soup.
5. Add the sesame oil and some white pepper if desired.
6. Serve in bowls garnished with the chopped scallions.