Crock Pot Adobo Braised Pork for Tacos
1 4 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
1 onion, cut into wedges
5 large garlic cloves, crushed
3 bay leaves
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup chili powder
4 ounces tomato sauce
4 ounces can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons oregano
kosher salt, to taste
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Trim excess fat from the pork and cut into 3 pieces. Season all sides of the pork with the kosher salt.
- Put all of the ingredients except for the pork into the crock pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add the pork into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a bowl and shred with two forks.
- Strain the sauce and skim the fat. Add some of the sauce to the pork to moisten it.
- Serve with warm tortillas.