i was craving some ribs BIG time but one cannot eat ribs alone…okay…u can, but this girl, and by this girl, me, needs some good sides to go with my ribs. So I decided to doctor up some canned beans cause I didn’t have time to soak up some beans overnight. I know…sometimes I’m a very bad wife…thus, the name of my blog…sometimes good wife…cause my husband thought naming it very bad wife was a little too porno sounding. Uggghh…anyway, enjoy these beans…cause I know I did. And my husband actually loved them too which was a good sign cause he hates beans and actually ate these. Woohoo. xoxo.
Brown Sugar Baked BBQ Beans
Source: Lo Huynh (6 servings)
2 15 oz. cans baked beans, preferably Ranch Style Beans brand
½ cup ketchup
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
6 strips bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a medium sized baking dish, add the ketchup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard and mix well.
3. Add your beans to this glorious concoction and mix until it’s all incorporated into your beans.
4. Top your beans with your strips of bacon.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until your beans are bubbly and your bacon is nice and crispy.
6. Serve these most delicious beans with some awesome ribs or whatever your heart desires.