This is definitely one of my uber FAVORITE soups to make in the crock pot. It’s so easy yet so crazy good! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Put all the ingredients except for the cilantro into a crock pot.
Eight hours later, deliciousness ensues.
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Source: Lo Huynh (6 servings)
2 each bone-in chicken breasts
6 cups homemade chicken stock
½ each yellow onion, diced
1 cup frozen sweet white corn
1 each carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
2 each tomatoes, diced
2 each bay leaves
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
tt sea salt
tt freshly ground black pepper
3 each corn tortillas, cut in half and then into 1/2 inch strips
1 bunch cilantro , chopped
1. Put all the ingredients EXCEPT for the cilantro into a crock pot.
2. Cook on low for eight hours.
3. Remove the chicken breasts after eight hours, pull the meat from the bones, discard the bones, and put the meat back into the crock pot.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro into the crock pot and gently stir.
5. Serve the soup with some more fresh chopped cilantro as garnish.