We had eaten out at some Taiwanese restaurant yesterday and had some leftover leek and pork dumplings along with some oyster omelette so I decided to cook up some Taiwanese Noodles with Minced Pork to go along with our leftovers. I hope you enjoy my version of this dish!
1/2 lb. ground pork
2 T. red onions, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
2 T. soy sauce
3 T. Chinese rice wine
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. Chinese 5-spice
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 T. oyster sauce
1/2 cup white mushrooms, finely diced
1 cup chicken broth
1. Combine ground pork, onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sugar, Chinese 5-spice, sesame oil, and oyster sauce in a bowl.
2. Add 1 T. oil in a sauce pan.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the pork mixture and saute until fully cooked.
4. Add in the white mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth to the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve with freshly cooked noodles and top with some chopped scallions and a hard boiled egg.