I utterly LOVE cobb salad and I love Thai food…so this is my spin on my two favorite things!
Thai Cobb Salad
Source: Lo Huynh (2 servings)
6 ounces baby spinach, shredded
1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced into 1/2″ cubes
2 each cooked thick sliced bacon, diced into 1/2″ pieces
1 each roma tomato, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1 each Persian cucumber, diced into 1/2″ cubes
1 each hard boiled egg, diced into 1/2″ cubes
1 each avocado, diced into 1/2″ cubes
1 tablespoon cilantro , rough choppd
2 tablespoons fried wontons
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter
4 tablespoons canola oil
1. Put the shredded spinach in the bottom of your bowl.
2. In rows, line the chicken, bacon, tomato, cucumber, egg, and avocado.
3. Garnish the salad with the cilantro and fried wontons.
4. Serve with the dressing on the side.
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together EXCEPT for the canola oil.
2. Once the ingredients are nicely blended, slowly whisk in the canola oil.
3. Serve this dressing with the Thai Cobb Salad.