Thai Style BBQ Chicken
Source: Lo Huynh (4 servings)
2 lbs chicken, legs and thighs
2 tablespoons fresh garlic
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, tender part
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 tablespoons Chinese rice cooking wine
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 each Persian cucumbers, cut in half and thinly sliced
¼ each red onion, julienned
Thai BBQ Chicken:
1. In a food processor, process the marinade ingredients until well mixed.
2. Marinate the chicken with the marinade overnight in a ziploc bag.
3. In a grill pan over high heat, sear the chicken pieces on both sides until you get nice grill marks.
4. Finish cooking the chicken pieces in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked when the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
5. Serve with a Thai sweet chili sauce and jasmine rice and some pickled cucumbers.
1. In a small pot, heat sugar, vinegar, and salt until it turns into a thin syrup. This should take about 5 minutes. Take off heat and let cool.
2. In a bowl, add the vinegar syrup to the cucumbers and red onions. Let marinate for about 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.