When I want to impress my guests, I’ll cook up some filet mignon. Why? Cause filet mignon sounds classy. i like to serve this steak recipe with some sweet potato fries cause my husband just adores sweet potato fries…and what he wants, he sometimes gets.
Filet Mignon with a Soy Ginger Glaze
* 4 servings
4 6 ounches filet mignon steaks
fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon parsley, rough choppd
½ cup sugar
1 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 inch fresh ginger
5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1. Combine the glaze ingredients and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Cook the sauce until there is a slight reduction, about five minutes, and it slightly coats the back of a spoon. Remove the ginger and garlic.
1. Season both sides of the filet mignon with the sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
2. In a cast iron, heat the olive oil until almost smoking and then sear both sides of the steak until there is a nice golden brown crust.
3. Place the steaks on a baking sheet, top each piece with chopped parsley and a pat of butter.
4. Transfer the steaks to the oven and bake at 425 degrees for about eight minutes, or until the doneness that you desire.
5. In a pan, saute the mushrooms with the butter. Add on top of steak.
6. Drizzle the steaks with the soy ginger glaze.
7. Serve with some sweet potato fries.