This is definitely my most favorite Thai curry chicken recipe. It’s simple to make but tastes pretty amazing!
* makes 4 servings
13.5 ounces coconut milk
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1 each chicken breast, sliced into bite-sized pieces
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 each whole kaffir leaves
2 cups sliced bamboo shoots
¼ cup sweet green peas
½ cup fresh thai basil
1. Combine 1/2 cup of coconut milk with the red curry paste and stir until fragrant.
2. Once the coconut milk begins to boil, stir in chicken and cook until done.
3. Add the rest of the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, and kaffir leaves.
4. Bring mixture to a boil and add bamboo shoots.
5. Cook for fifteen minutes and then add sweet green peas and fresh basil.
6. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.